If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.
Asher St Paul thought it was just a typical zombie apocalypse like in the movies, until the necromancers crawled out of the woodwork. Since the undead have chased the living into hiding, the necromancers are able to roam freely in a new America of their making. Asher is seeking safe harbor. The need for safety is what drove him from his home in Philadelphia Pennsylvania before it was shelled. He has searched from quarantine to quarantine, always finding them overrun with zombies until he hears of The Refuge, a military compound in Binghamton New York.
With his family and lover lain to rest by his own hand, he has nothing left to lose and gives everything he has to reach the safe haven. But questions arise when he reaches The Refuge, mainly, how has he been able to sustain multiple zombie bites and not change? He thinks he has found safety in the military compound turned quarantine, but he was wrong. Even now there is a necromancer trying to make The Refuge their kingdom of the dead.
Review
If you are into zombies, this book is for you. I have to admit I love supernatural books, but I have never really cared about zombies. However, recently I started watching The Walking Dead. So, I was intrigued when I was asked if I wanted to review a book about zombies. Well, this one definitely didn't disappoint.
While reading this, I tried to stay aware of what people might like and what they wouldn't like. One thing that some people will not be comfortable with is that there are some same sex partners. It doesn't bother me, but I know many people don't like it . Of course, if zombies don't bother you I don't know why a same sex couple would. It is definitely a new twist to a zombie story that I wasn't expecting. In fact, I kind of like that it shows that gay men aren't always flamboyant. There are many that are considered to be "a man's man" - strong, athletic, love the outdoors - survivors. Desolation doesn't slap you in the face with the gay card, though. In fact, I had to go back and reread to make sure whether or not that person was male or female in the beginning.
Desolation is about Asher, a young man dealing with a zombie apocalypse. The story begins with losing the love of his life. He now needs to find his way on his own. He heard about a refuge in New York. Along the way, he not only has to deal with zombies but necromancers. Will he survive? Will he find a safe place?
Travis Simmons does a wonderful job of grabbing your attention from the beginning, and he never lets go. Desolation will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat. You might start checking your closets and under your bed for zombies. If zombies scare you, or freak you out, then this might not be the book for you. If you are like me and love things that go bump in the night, then you will love Desolation. The Walking Dead fans out there will love this book. I can't wait to see what comes next.
Get your hands on this book as soon as you can. You will not be disappointed. Besides, you might just need all of the information you can get on zombies for when they do attack (just kidding). The only disappointing thing is when you come to the end of the book. You won't want it to end. You will be left wanting more.
Buy the book from...
I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.


Don't think I'd be able to sleep after this one !!
ReplyDelete