Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Indigo Incite by Jacind Buchmann Review

If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.  






Indigo Incite
There are no secrets
Sixteen-year-old Tyler believed that his extra-sensory powers were a secret, but when his twin brother, Toby, is kidnapped by a covert government agency, he realizes that he has no secrets, and he has nowhere to hide.

He’s not alone
Now, in order to save himself and rescue his brother, Tyler must call upon the help of four strangers. Unknown to each other, Eddie, Liliana, Grace, and Sarah share a common bond. They are Indigo Children. With extra-sensory powers of their own, they must unite with Tyler in order to maintain their freedom.

Unexpected romance
They’re on the run. They’re on a mission. Romance is a distraction that Tyler can’t afford. But sometimes, the heart has a mind of its own.

Time is running out
Will they find Toby before the agency finds them first? Find out in Indigo Incite, Book One of the Indigo Trilogy.

Review:

Do you remember the movie Escape to Witch Mountain and Return to Witch Mountain?  How about X-Men?  Well, this book reminds me of these books/movies some what.  You have the twins that can speak to each other telepathically with special abilities, and then other teens and young adults with special abilities, too.


The author does a great job of grabbing your attention at the beginning of the book.  Kids (middle school/high school) will love this book.  Even though kids don't have special powers, many can relate to the home environments and social interactions in the book.


Many kids, young and old, will love the special abilities.  I mean who wouldn't like to be able to hear other people's thoughts or be able to tell if someone is telling the truth or even be able to heal others.  I know I would love to have these abilities.  Maybe that is why I like supernatural books so much.  I love to dream about what it would be like to have those powers and what I would do.


This really was a delightful book that will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat.  I was just a little disappointed in the end.  It seemed a little rushed and not as much information was given as in earlier parts of the book.  I can't really say what it was without giving away what happened.  What I will say is that I can't wait to read any and all sequels.  I give this 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

About Jacinda BuchmannJacinda Buchmann

Jacinda Buchmann lives in Arizona with her husband and three children. She graduated from Carroll College, in Helena, Montana, with a B.A. in elementary education and later received a Master’s degree from Northern Arizona University, in school counseling. After spending several years as a teacher and later a school counselor, she now spends her time writing, any free chance she can get, that is, when she’s not spending time with her family or creating a new concoction in the kitchen.

Follow Jacinda Buchmann:
Website | Facebook | Twitter


Buy the Book:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Follow the Tour



The author is giving away a $50 Amazon Gift Card a Rafflecopter giveaway


I received a free copy of the book to review, but all opinions are 100% mine.

This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment