Thursday, December 20, 2012

26 Acts of Kindness

If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.  


I know I posted yesterday about the Winter Wonderland initiative for the Sandy Hook community but I couldn't help but post about this one, too.  I ran across this great idea in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy, 26 Acts of Kindness. 

What are the 26 Acts of Kindness?  Ann Curry from NBC News started this movement to honor the 26 lives that were lost at Sandy Hook Elementary.  It is where you do an Act of Kindness in recognition of each of the lives lost at Sandy Hook.

My husband and I started our 26 Acts of Kindness.  We have a friend that had to have her locks changed due to a bad breakup.  We stopped by and surprised her with new locks and changed them.  Of course, I also got her a small box of chocolates to cheer her up.  It felt great.

We really don't have any extra money to do anything else but there are many other ways to complete our 26 Acts of Kindness.  I'm thinking of making cookies for someone.  I always do this for my children's teachers but I think I will do this for some other deserving people.  These don't all have to be done right away, and who knows maybe we will keep doing them year round. 

Will you participate?  What kinds of things will you do?  Maybe buy a cup of coffee for the person in line behind you, send a thank you card and cookies to the fire station or the police department.

This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!
    Very kind of you to care for your neighbor in this way.
    You are right that there are many ways to help that don't cost much. Just being kind and encouraging can help people a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 16 and I'm starting 365 days of kindness! Thanks for the ideas and inspiration!:)

    ReplyDelete