Friday, September 14, 2012

Homemade Dusting/Polishing Cleaner

Ok, let me start with the fact that I HATE DUSTING!!!  However, we all have to dust, if we want a clean house.  I ran across this very easy and cheap recipe for dusting/polishing cleaner.  All you need is lemon juice and olive oil and of course a bottle to put it in. 

Mix 1 cup of olive oil with 1/2 cup of lemon juice.  I just recycled a water bottle clearly marked as Dusting Polish to store the cleaner.  Of course, I don't have small children at home but it is all natural and won't harm anyone if ingested.  I just can't imagine that it tastes very good. 


When you use it, shake it up first then dab a little bit on your dusting rag.  A little goes a long way.  I use an extra rag or the other end of the rag to wipe up any excess oil on furniture.  You will end up with a clean, lemon smelling home. 

Image Credit:  Me :o)

This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect for anyone especially those going green. Visiting your blog from KB/FB thanks for sharing. Victoria @Easy2SaveBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. what an neat idea to share. Thank you. Will have to try. New follower.

    ReplyDelete