Friday, March 2, 2012

Update: Saving with a Roku

Update:  If you click on one of the links for Roku, you can get $5 off of your purchase.  So, what are you waiting for?  Head on over, and start saving money on your cable bills. 

Last week, we started talking about saving money on entertainment.  You can save loads of money on your cable bill.

Some of you probably remember me talking about getting a Roku over Christmas.  Well, I got my Roku.  I love it.  With the Roku, you can watch most of your favorite shows.  There are several free channels, and there are some that you can pay for.  The only paid ones that we have are Netflix and Hulu Plus.

The Roku costs less than $100.  In fact, I got mine for $44.99.  Actually, I got mine for free because I got free Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks.  Anyway, there are no monthly fees for the Roku.  You will have to pay for Netflix and/or Hulu Plus.  However for both of these, it is only $16 a month.  I am sure this is just a fraction of the cost that you pay for cable or satellite.

Some people might save over $100 a month, if they switch to a Roku box.  I know there are other options like the Roku but I can't remember what the name of the other boxes are called.  Of course, you can watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, and more on gaming devices, some new tvs, and some Blu-Ray players.

So, how are you going to start saving money on your television bills?  How much will implementing just one option save you?

This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

2 comments:

  1. how do you find the free channels? I've considered buying a Roku. I've heard great things about it. Still trying to determine if it will work with my TV or not. Not ready to buy a new TV just yet. I'm one of those "if it's not broke, don't fix it" people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The channels are on the Roku menu. The Roku can be used with any tv. Well, anyone that has input for like a DVD player, etc. I love mine!!

    ReplyDelete