Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cheesy Jalapeno Bread

My husband and daughter love cheesy jalapeno bread.  So, I made up this recipe.  It was a huge hit.  I hope you enjoy it, too.

I split this recipe in half.  Usually, this recipe makes about 4 loaves of bread.


Dough
2 c milk
1/4 c sugar
4 tsp salt
2 tbsp shortening
2 c water
2 pkg of yeast
1/4 c lukewarm water
flour

1 stick of melted butter
1 cup of shredded cheese
jalapenos to taste

Scald milk, add sugar, salt, shortening, and water.  Cool to lukewarm.  Add yeast which has been softened in 1/4 c water. (You don't have to sift the flour but I find that the bread comes out better when it is sifted).  Add flour gradually, mixing it in thoroughly.  When dough is stiff, turn out on lightly floured board and knead until smooth and satiny.  Shape into smooth ball.  Place in greased bowl.  Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk.  Punch down, let rise again.

Divide into small balls.  Roll dough balls in butter, then in cheese.  Place in greased pan.  Put in as many jalapenos as you want.  Layer balls or do a single layer depending on your pan and preference.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  Let rise until double in size.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  Try to let it cool some before you enjoy it.

This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment