Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Keep 'Em Coming & Help a Military Family

First, I want to thank Rachel from Acadiana's Thrifty Mom for helping to promote this.  As most of you know, I started collecting expired coupons at my church, Northwood United Methodist, to send to the military, last year.  The military can use coupons for up to 6 months after the expiration date. We have been trudging along and have been able to send thousands of coupons to the military.

If you would like to help out with this wonderful project, please send or drop off your coupons to:

Northwood United Methodist Church
4530 Moss St.
Lafayette, LA 70507
337-235-9145

or

Create 365
806 I 10 South Frontage Road, Suite B
Scott, LA 70583
337-456-6261

Please do the following:

  1. Cut coupons
  2. No local coupons, like restaurant or store specific coupon.
  3. Sort into two groups food, & non-food items.
  4. No staples.
  5. No more than 30-45 days expired.  (It takes time to sort and mail the coupons.) 
If you do not use coupons and get the paper, please give us your coupons.  This is a very simple way to support the military.  Military families are usually on very tight budgets, and this can make a big difference.

If you know someone in the military that could use some coupons, please let me know and I will try to send them their own packet of coupons.

This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! I will definitely be sending you my expired coupons. In fact, I'm teaching a couponing class on Thursday, so I'll tell all of them to save their expired coupons as well. Thanks for doing this! -Christine at Why We Love Green

    ReplyDelete