What are you afraid of? Do you have any reason to be afraid of something? Well, Jamie does. She is a troubled, young girl. Evil is after her, and wants nothing more than to destroy her. Evil is willing to destroy anything and anyone that is connected to Jamie. Jamie has a favorite teacher, Crockett Grey. He is one of only two adults that she trusts. She goes to him one night when she is trying to escape from evil.
Crockett Grey mourns the death of his daughter each year by drinking to excess. However, this year his night of drinking is interrupted by Jamie. In a matter of 24 hours, his life is turned upside down. He is accused of a terrible crime, and put in the middle of a mystery. In order to prove his innocence, he must unravel the mystery around Jamie.
The Canary List is suppose to be a Christian thriller. It is a thriller, but I'm not sure where the Christian part comes in, though. I mean it does have that good vs. evil theme, but not much else. In fact, it definitely seems like the author, Sigmund Brouwer, does not like Catholics. The author must have loved Dan Brown's books. There a quite a few similarities.
The book is different from other books though. It has a hint of the supernatural. It has so many twists and turns. When you think you have it figured out, something else happens to change your mind. There are some characters that you definitely know are either good or evil. With all of the others, you are never really sure of who is good and who is bad.
Overall, The Canary List was a good book. It is a quick read. Well, that is after you get past the beginning which gets bogged down in setting up the story. It is a thriller. I would not say that it is a Christian thriller book. If you are Catholic, you might get offended by parts of the book. I would not let children read this until you have read it yourself. High school students and young adults will probably enjoy this book.
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the Blogging for Books book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.
Labels
Arts and Craft
Automotive
Baby Samples
Birthday Goodies
Blog Hops
Blogger Events
Book and Magazine Freebies
Book Tours
Charities
Christmas
Clothing
Cool Tips
Coupon Matchups
Coupons
Disney Movie Rewards
Entertainment
Food Sample
For Kids
For Parents
For Students
For Teachers
Free eBooks
Freebie
Giveaways
Great Deals
Guest Posts
Halloween
Health and Beauty Sample
Holiday Gift Guide
Home and Garden
Household Samples
Kelli's Ramblings and Prayers
Local Happenings
Magazine Deals
Make Money
Military
Miscellaneous
Office and Stationery Samples
Pampers Points
Pet Samples
Quote of the Day
Rebates
Recipes
Religious
Restaurants
Retail
Review
Surveys
Sweepstakes
Thrifty Tips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wanted to thank you for joining my Wacky Weekend Hop! Appreciate it! Not sure this is a book I would like as I try to stay away from books that deal with scary/evil type stuff but my son would read it! LOL...
ReplyDeleteLooks like an interesting book to read.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I'm your newest follower via GFC from the Friday Blog Hop.
Please feel free to visit my blog. Looking forward to seeing you there, and hope you follow me back. Thanks!
http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/