If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.
About the Book (from Goodreads):
During the reading of her mother’s will, Sheila Baker discovers that she has inherited everything her parents ever possessed, including their secrets. A mysterious safe deposit box key leads her to the answers to one of history’s greatest conspiracies: who killed John F. Kennedy? Not only does she have the missing film, revealing her mother as the infamous Babushka Lady, but she has proof that there was more than one shooter. On the run from people who would stop at nothing to keep secrets buried, Sheila turns to billionaire sleuth Jason Hammond for help. Having lost his own family in a tragic plane crash, Jason knows a thing or two about running from the past. With a target on their backs, can Jason uncover the truth in time, or will this shooter finally make their mark?Review:
I have to say that I really loved this book. It is from a Christian publishing house but I really couldn't tell. It wasn't over the top like some Christian books are. You know what I mean? Some hit you over the head with all of the Christian themes and values. Don't get me wrong, I tend to like some of those books, too. However, I really like that this is more like a mainstream book. Hopefully, more people will read it because they won't feel like they are being bombarded.
I've always enjoyed kind of a mystery/suspense book with some history thrown into the mix. This book makes me want to go out and find out more about the Kennedy assassination. I've always known there were all kinds of theories out there but I never really paid attention, I guess. I don't recall ever hearing about the Babushka Lady.
Will Mara does a great job of keeping you guessing and pulling you into the story. He does a great job of painting a picture. I love when I can see the movie in my head while I'm reading the book. I did kind of hope that there would be more of a love interest between Sheila and Jason but maybe that will come in some of the next books.
This is a great book for anyone to read, especially if they like history. I can't wait to read the next book by Will Mara.
Here is a You Tube video from the author.
I also got the privilege to post a few questions and answers from the author, too.
1. What inspired you to write a novel around the assassination of President John F.
Kennedy?
I have always been fascinated by the assassination, which, obviously, was one of the most pivotal and
enigmatic events in American history. And when I heard about the ‘Babushka Lady’ one of the few
people in Dealey Plaza that day who remains unidentified and the possibility that she may have filmed
the shooting, an idea came to mind that seemed too good to disregard.
2. How much research did you do for this project?
An unbelievable amount. I spoke with assassination experts, read literally hundreds and books and
articles, pored over countless photos...you name it. My goal was to write a fictional story around the established facts rather than alter the facts to serve the story. Thus, I had to know pretty much
everything. I ended up loading my brain with more data than I really needed...but I didn’t mind.
3. What have you learned about the real Babushka Lady?
She was wearing an overcoat, glasses, and a head scarf (i.e., a babushka), and was standing about thirty
feet from the limousine when the president took the fatal shot. Most assassinatin on experts believe she
was also holding a camera very possibly a film camera. If so, and if she had a reasonably steady hand,
then she probably took the best moving images of the assassination; even better than the famed
Zapruder film. Plus, she was standing opposite Zapruder, which afforded her a unique angle. And yet, we
don’t know her name, and her film has never surfaced. And here’s the most important part about her in
relation to Frame 232 she was a real person. I didn’t invent her to serve the story. If you do a Google
search, you’ll find her.
I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale. I was not required to write a positive review and the views I have expressed are 100% my own.
Kennedy?
I have always been fascinated by the assassination, which, obviously, was one of the most pivotal and
enigmatic events in American history. And when I heard about the ‘Babushka Lady’ one of the few
people in Dealey Plaza that day who remains unidentified and the possibility that she may have filmed
the shooting, an idea came to mind that seemed too good to disregard.
2. How much research did you do for this project?
An unbelievable amount. I spoke with assassination experts, read literally hundreds and books and
articles, pored over countless photos...you name it. My goal was to write a fictional story around the established facts rather than alter the facts to serve the story. Thus, I had to know pretty much
everything. I ended up loading my brain with more data than I really needed...but I didn’t mind.
3. What have you learned about the real Babushka Lady?
She was wearing an overcoat, glasses, and a head scarf (i.e., a babushka), and was standing about thirty
feet from the limousine when the president took the fatal shot. Most assassinatin on experts believe she
was also holding a camera very possibly a film camera. If so, and if she had a reasonably steady hand,
then she probably took the best moving images of the assassination; even better than the famed
Zapruder film. Plus, she was standing opposite Zapruder, which afforded her a unique angle. And yet, we
don’t know her name, and her film has never surfaced. And here’s the most important part about her in
relation to Frame 232 she was a real person. I didn’t invent her to serve the story. If you do a Google
search, you’ll find her.
I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale. I was not required to write a positive review and the views I have expressed are 100% my own.
Image Credit: Amazon

No comments:
Post a Comment