If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.
In Night of the Living Dead Christian, by Matt Mikalatos uses monsters to portray what it is like to be transformed into a Christian. When we become Christians, we strive to overcome our dark sides, our sinful sides.
This is obviously a work of fiction about Luther, a werewolf. Luther hates being a wereworl, and want to conquer his inner beast. He meets up and joins forces with Matt. Luther hopes that they will find someone that can help him.
While some people compare Matt Mikalatos to Monty Python meets C.S. Lewis. I really could not get into the book. Of course, I'm not a big fan of Monty Python either. I couldn't even finish the book. In fact, I was suppose to write this review several months ago and just kept putting it off hoping that I would get into it. I hate giving bad reviews especially when I know there are many people out there that will love Night of the Living Dead Christian. It just didn't appeal to me. From what I did read, he does do a good job of drawing a correlation between becoming a Christian and overcoming becoming a monster.
Sometimes there are just some books that you don't care for that others love. Please don't let my negative view of the book deter you. Many others will love this book. Give it a chance and try it out if this is something you think you might like.
About the Author
Matt Mikalatos is the author of Imaginary Jesus. He works with a Christian non profit equipping college students for overseas missions. He started watching the Saturday morning Monster Matinee with his father at the age of two and as a result has a natural fear of giant irradicated insects, blood sucking rocks, and carnivorous dinosaurs. He lives near Portland, Oregon, with his wife and three daughters.
I received this book from Tyndale Bloggers Network to review. All opinions are 100% mine and were not influenced by the company.

No comments:
Post a Comment