Sunday, May 19, 2013

Comicpalooza Lands in Houston

If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.  


Have you heard the buzz?  The excitement is building.  Guess what will be landing in Houston this Memorial Day weekend, May 24th-26th.  Comicpalooza, the Texas International Comic Con.  That's right a weekend filled with excitement that kids young and old alike will love.


This three day comic fest will be in downtown Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center.

There is something for everyone.  There will be loads of insider panels, film screenings, autograph and photo opportunities, speakers, costume contests, hands-on experiences and much, much more.  It will take all three days to enjoy everything on hand.  Your toughest decision will be where to go to first.

Take a look at the schedule with a description of everything on the official Comicpalooza programming page to map out your 3 days.  Make sure you check out their Facebook and Twitter pages for even more updates.  I know my son has been checking out their page constantly, and telling me about all of the other celebrities that are being added to the list of attendees each day.

I am super excited about this one even if I can't go myself.  My son will be taking my place this weekend, since I will be at a National Speech & Debate Tournament with my hubby a speech coach.  My son is one of those big kids at heart.  He is 21, and couldn't be more excited about this one.  I think I have finally impressed him.

He keeps telling me about all of the things that will be happening at Comicpalooza.  He even told me that he gets to knock something off of his bucket list.  Yes, he already has a bucket list, and attending a Comic Con is on that list.

We both love superheroes, sci-fi, and fantasy.  He grew up reading everything he could get his hands on - including loads of comic books, and sci-fi/fantasy books.  Yesterday, he was telling me that one of the creators of a set of comic books that I got him when he was younger was going to be there.  He also can not wait to meet 2 of his childhood heroes, the original blue and black Power Rangers.

As he told me, there will be 3 floors of excitement.  There will be celebrities like Patrick Stewart from Star Trek the Next Generation and X-Men, Sam Huntington from Being Human, Michelle Rodriguez from Resident Evil, Avatar and Fast & Furious, Glenn Morshower from 24, and Kris Holden-Reid from Lost Girl and The Tudors.


I am so upset that I can not go myself.  There are so many things I would love to do but the one person I really wanted to see is Kris Holden-Reid.  I got hooked on Lost Girl about 2 months ago on Netflix.  He is absolutely delicious.  Yes, I definitely have a crush on him.  I would've stood in line for hours to see him and/or to get a picture.  So, if you go please get a picture for me!!!  I am definitely going to ask my son but I'm sure the last thing he is going to want to do is get a picture of his mom's crush.  LOL

I definitely want to go next year.  Hopefully, Kris Holden-Reid will be back for that one, too. 

Go buy your tickets here (it's cheaper to buy them online).  Of course, I also got lucky and have 2 tickets to give away.  Check out the Rafflecopter below to enter.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

3 comments:

  1. hoping to win these tickets!
    I would take my 14 yr old cousin--we have the same taste in movies and we both hope to see Michelle Rodriguez and Sir Patrick Stewart if we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a blast! We're headed to NYC Comic Con in October - I'm already working on my outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to take my 12 year old cousin. He's been studying hard for finals and I would like to take him as a reward for his hard work this year in school

    ReplyDelete