Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Parenthood Review

If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.  



As most of you know, I am a part of the Chicken Soup for the Soul network.  So, every time a new Chicken Soup for the Soul book is published I get to review it.  I am sure that almost everyone knows about the Chicken Soup for the Soul books.  However, for those that don't know, Chicken Soup for the Soul books are short stories sent in by real people about their own lives and experiences or sometimes about the lives and experiences of close friends or relatives.  These books are at the top of the best sellers lists.


Chicken Soup for the Soul: Parenthood: 101 Heartwarming & Humorous Stories about the Joys of Raising Children of All Ages by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Amy Newmark has some wonderful stories about parenthood that will have you laughing and crying.  I am sure all of us that are parents have some tales to tell about our children.  I know I could tell some but my children would probably kill me if I told them.  It wouldn't matter if it was a funny story or heartwarming story.  They never like it when I write about them.

I love hearing the stories about all of the funny thing that kids say.  One of the stories, "Solo Flight", describes one of the scenarios that many single parents worry about - how their child will feel about not having a father/mother around.  This mother always worried that her child would feel different from his friends because he didn't have a dad around.  The day finally came that she worried about her son had to take a picture of his family to school.  She worried all day long about her son.  After school, he said school was good.  he was relieved until later when he came in crying.  She asked him what was wrong, and he told her his family was different from everyone else's.  When she asked if it was because he didn't have a dad.  He said, "No, I'm upset because I don't have a dog."  Too funny.  We always seem to worry about the wrong things.

There are so many stories that will make you smile and that will warm your heart.  So, this might be the perfect thing to read when your kids are driving you crazy.

Here is a look at the chapters you can choose from:
  1. Becoming a Family
  2. All in a Day's Work
  3. Is There a Manual for This?
  4. Parenting Faux Pas
  5. Stop & Smell the Roses
  6. Learning from Each Other
  7. Treasured Moments
  8. From the Mouths of Babes
  9. What Goes Around Comes Around
  10. Love Conquers All
  11. Saying Thank You
  12. Giving Them Wings to Fly

This is the perfect book because you can just pick and choose the stories you want to read.  That is one of the great things about the Chicken Soup for the Soul books - you don't have to read from cover to cover.  You don't have to be a big reader to enjoy this book or any other Chicken Soup for the Soul books.

I highly recommend this book, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Parenthood: 101 Heartwarming & Humorous Stories about the Joys of Raising Children of All Ages.  It makes a great present.  It is the perfect thing for anyone on your list. 

If you aren't ready to buy a copy, you might win one.  Check out my post where I am giving away 3 copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Parenthood: 101 Heartwarming & Humorous Stories about the Joys of Raising Children of All Ages.


Image Credit:  Amazon


This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment