Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels Among Us: 101 Inspirational Stories of Miracles, Faith and Answered Prayers Review

If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.  



As most of you know, I am a part of the Chicken Soup for the Soul network.  So, every time a new Chicken Soup for the Soul book is published I get to review it.  I am sure that almost everyone knows about the Chicken Soup for the Soul books.  However, for those that don't know, Chicken Soup for the Soul books are short stories sent in by real people about their own lives and experiences or sometimes about the lives and experiences of close friends or relatives.  These books are at the top of the best sellers lists.

I love Chicken Soup for the Soul books.  They are always full of such wonderful, inspirational stories and devotions.  They always fill me with hope and joy.  Well, this next book that I am reviewing, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels Among Us: 101 Inspirational Stories of Miracles, Faith and Answered Prayers by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, & Amy Newmark doesn't disappoint either.

As always, these books seem to come at the perfect time.  My life has been chaotic and full of more emotional trials.  About a week before Easter, my aunt, 62, was put in a nursing home.  It took me totally by surprise.  When I saw her at my grandmother's funeral this summer, she had lost weight and seemed a little frail but she was still feisty, moving around, and able to take care of herself.  She can't get around much at all, and recently fell and broke her arm.

About an hour later, I got a call from my dad.  For my dad to call me, I knew it wouldn't be good news but I thought it was going to be about my aunt.  I was wrong.  He has prostate cancer.  I was very surprised that he even told me.  He never informs me or my brother or sister if he has health problems.  However, I think with everything my aunt and cousins, he felt he needed to let us know.  His prognosis is great.  He just need to do radiation.  As some doctors say (to men), "It's not if you have prostate cancer, but when you will get it."

On top of this my health has been going downhill.  I was out of meds for over a month.  I couldn't afford to go to the doctor.  Also, I went back to work part time subbing.

My husband had a health care last week, too.  In addition, we have a family friend that was in the hospital.  She was given a couple of days to live and hung on for 2 weeks.  She passed away Friday.  I know there are angels among us.  Our friend was able to have all of her family around her.  She kept telling everyone she wasn't going to die.  She told her family she saw a bright light, last weekend.  They told her to go to the light if she felt like it.  That's when she told them she wasn't going to die.

While I am still in quite a bit of pain, I am still usually able to grin and bear it.  I try to hide my pain as much as I can.  It doesn't do any good to show it.  People get tired of seeing you in pain and tired of hearing about it, and it doesn't make me feel any better.

I've felt wonderful moments of comfort, though.  I got to spend quality time with family.  My brother and his family were here for a week after Easter.  My sister and her kids were here for a few days, too.  I know that my dad will be okay, even though, he might have some difficult times.

Anyway, I totally believe there are Angels Among Us and that there are still miracles and answered prayers.  I love that this book reminds me of this and gives me hope.

If you are going through difficult times, this is the perfect book to give you hope and strength.  Chicken Soup for the Soul always have wonderful stories, and this one doesn't disappoint.

Check out all of the chapters and choose one that speaks to you.
  1. Miraculous Intervention
  2. Divine Messengers
  3. Answered Prayers
  4. Angels in Disguise
  5. Faith in Action
  6. Angelic Visitors
  7. Healing Touches
  8. Love from Beyond
  9. Angel Guides
  10. Angel Protection

I think I will be passing on my copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels Among Us, to a friend of mine.  Her dad was just diagnosed with cancer, too.  Her dad has lung, liver, and kidney cancer.  While she doesn't like to read very much, this will be the perfect book for her because she can just pick and choose the stories she wants to read.  That is one of the great things about the Chicken Soup for the Soul books - you don't have to read from cover to cover.  You don't have to be a big reader to enjoy this book or any other Chicken Soup for the Soul books.

I highly recommend this book, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels Among Us: 101 Inspirational Stories of Miracles, Faith and Answered Prayers.  It makes a great present.  It is the perfect thing for anyone on your list. 

If you aren't ready to buy a copy, you might win one.  Check out my post where I am giving away 3 copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels Among Us: 101 Inspirational Stories of Miracles, Faith and Answered Prayers.


Image Credit:  Amazon

This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment