Friday, December 21, 2012

Let's Make a Difference

If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.  


This is a reminder to everyone.  I originally wrote this on December 14th.  Please don't forget to keep all of the victims, survivors, families, first responders, and the people of Newtown, Connecticut in your prayers.

I sit here wondering what I can do to make a difference, after what happened today.  It just makes me want to cry when I think about what all of these families and first responders are going through.  My 16 year old daughter's Facebook post struck me.  She posted, "i don't understand how the hell somebody can kill young kids. it makes me so freaking sick. words can't explain how i feel im so mad and ashamed."  I mean I am mad and upset but I hadn't really realized that I was ashamed, too.

I feel the need to prove to her that we can do something to help.  I want her to feel pride again.  She knows that not everyone is like this one horrible person but I still feel the need to prove this to her.  How do I do this?  How do I let the people of Newtown, Connecticutt know that they are in my thoughts and prayers?  What else can I do?

Besides advocating for stronger gun laws, the only thing I can think of is to help financially.  If any of the families struggle to make ends meet like mine, funeral expenses can just be overwhelming.  For the survivors, they will need counseling.  The school will need repairs, and I am sure people there will want more safety items, and lastly, a memorial.  There are so many expenses that this school, the families, the first responders, and locals will have.

I don't have much but I can do something.  I am going to find out where I can send a donation.  I am pledging $25 or 25% of what I make between now and the end of the year on my blog.  Usually, I make less than $50 a month.  I guess I might have to post a few more affiliate posts or find some other way to make a bigger donation.

Also, I would like to encourage all bloggers to do the same.  In fact, I think I will go make a linky for everyone to link up their posts.  I will post the linky information for you to put in your post if you would like to use it.  Please link up any of your posts about Sandy Hook.  get the InLinkz code

If you aren't a blogger, I encourage you to do some type of fundraiser, send a card to the school, or find some other way to show your support for those dealing with this horror.  Also, make sure you check out all of the blogs that link up their posts.






This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment