One of the biggest expenses these days is gas. It is costing everyone an arm and leg. There are many ways to save on gas.
First and foremost, stop making unnecessary trips. Try to combine trips. Make a list of things that need to be done, and find the most efficient way to get to these places. Don't keep going from one side of town to the other back to the same side of town. Get everything you need done in one area and then go to the other area.
If you can walk or bike to where you need to go, then do it. You will save gas and get healthy at the same time. Unfortunately, I live out in the country. Basically, I live too far from anything to walk or ride my bike safely. I live on a narrow country road.
Try to downsize to one car. We have done this. It was kind of a necessity because I don't have a job (besides this blog). You will not only save on gas but also on car insurance, car maintenance, and more. It will take a little getting use to but it helps in the long run. I don't make a lot of unnecessary trips anymore just because I am bored and want to get out of the house.
I know that most of this could be common sense but sometimes we just need to see it to start doing it. I have a couple of other tips that I will post next week. So stay tuned. ☺
This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.
Labels
Arts and Craft
Automotive
Baby Samples
Birthday Goodies
Blog Hops
Blogger Events
Book and Magazine Freebies
Book Tours
Charities
Christmas
Clothing
Cool Tips
Coupon Matchups
Coupons
Disney Movie Rewards
Entertainment
Food Sample
For Kids
For Parents
For Students
For Teachers
Free eBooks
Freebie
Giveaways
Great Deals
Guest Posts
Halloween
Health and Beauty Sample
Holiday Gift Guide
Home and Garden
Household Samples
Kelli's Ramblings and Prayers
Local Happenings
Magazine Deals
Make Money
Military
Miscellaneous
Office and Stationery Samples
Pampers Points
Pet Samples
Quote of the Day
Rebates
Recipes
Religious
Restaurants
Retail
Review
Surveys
Sweepstakes
Thrifty Tips

No comments:
Post a Comment