If you are looking to save some money, there are some items you shouldn't buy. The ones I am going to talk to you about today are items at the grocery store.
First, there is no need to buy bottled water. Most people live in areas that have safe water that tastes fine if not down right good. Why are you paying for something that you can get for free or close to it? If you want bottled water, buy a refillable bottle. You can even get ones that have a filter if you are worried about your water. By doing this, you will not only save money but you will be helping the environment.
Don't buy bags of ice. Make your own. If you know you are going to have a party soon, start bagging up ice to store for the party. It always surprises me that people consistently buy ice. Even if you do not have an ice maker, you can use ice trays. I still use ice trays because I don't have a water line that goes to the frig.
Don't buy pasta sauces. Well, unless you get if for free or close to it. I never use pre-made pasta sauce. I like making my own. It is so easy, and you make it just the way you like it. Most spaghetti sauces are just tomato sauce and spices, herbs, and garlic. You can save loads of money in the long run by making your own sauce. It really doesn't take any more time to make your own either, maybe a couple of minutes.
Ok, this one will take a little more time at first but it is worth it. Do not buy frozen vegetables. Buy fresh, in season vegetables. When I get home from the store with vegetables, I usually cut up any vegetables that I want to freeze, especially onions and green peppers, etc. I cut them up, and put them in baggies to freeze. This way all I have to do is pull some out of the freezer when I need some to cook with. It takes more time in the beginning but it saves time, money, and mess in the long run. You only have to clean up once instead of every time you need chopped up veggies.
This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.
Labels
Arts and Craft
Automotive
Baby Samples
Birthday Goodies
Blog Hops
Blogger Events
Book and Magazine Freebies
Book Tours
Charities
Christmas
Clothing
Cool Tips
Coupon Matchups
Coupons
Disney Movie Rewards
Entertainment
Food Sample
For Kids
For Parents
For Students
For Teachers
Free eBooks
Freebie
Giveaways
Great Deals
Guest Posts
Halloween
Health and Beauty Sample
Holiday Gift Guide
Home and Garden
Household Samples
Kelli's Ramblings and Prayers
Local Happenings
Magazine Deals
Make Money
Military
Miscellaneous
Office and Stationery Samples
Pampers Points
Pet Samples
Quote of the Day
Rebates
Recipes
Religious
Restaurants
Retail
Review
Surveys
Sweepstakes
Thrifty Tips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Stopping by from the Alexa Hop! Please stop by my blog at http://wholelottamama.net <3
ReplyDeleteGood advice!
ReplyDelete