Well, it is Tuesday again, that means it is time for another thrifty tip. I am going to continue on with the entertainment theme this week. I had such a great response last week about the Roku.
First of all, let me answer some questions I got from last week's post. Quite a few of you, asked if I was able to watch all of the TV shows that air. With Hulu Plus on the Roku, I am able to watch shows from most of the major networks except for CBS. I am really hoping this changes because some of my favorite shows are on CBS. I am still able to watch them, though. I will tell you more about that in a little bit. Now, the shows do not play at the same time as on regular cable/satellite. Most shows seem to be available the following day.
In fact, with Hulu Plus, I've found some new shows that I really like. It also has loads of old shows that I haven't seen in years. I even got to watch a couple episodes of the Little Rascals. Believe me, you will not run out of things to watch.
As for my CBS shows and a few others I haven't been able to find with my Roku, you can still watch these with your computer. I found that AT&T U-Verse has free shows available to watch for anyone and everyone. You do not have to have AT&T to watch your shows. It is completely free. The couple of shows I've watched are available the day after they originally air. Now, if you are hoping to get caught up after weeks of not watching, you can't do that. It seems that only the most recent show is available.
I know but you want to watch it on your TV. Well, that is still possible. Just hook up your computer to your TV. With the newer TVs, you can just use an HDMI cord. I haven't done this yet but we are suppose to try it out later this week. I haven't had much time to experiment lately.
If you do not find the show you want on AT&T U-Verse, you can search the web for it. Most of the networks, if not all show full episodes on their websites. The only downside on this is you will have to do like we had to in the old days. You will have to get up and "change the station" when your show is over. Unless, of course, you have some kind of remote for your computer (the Roku has a remote).
If you are looking for a more recent movie to watch, you can still do this for free, too. First of all, you can check with your library for the movie you want. I know at my local library, you can check on line, and request it and put it on hold. If this doesn't work for you, then you can keep your eyes out for free rental codes for Blockbuster Express, and Redbox. Make sure you sign up for their emails and text alerts. I usually get at least one free rental code a month.
This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.
Labels
Arts and Craft
Automotive
Baby Samples
Birthday Goodies
Blog Hops
Blogger Events
Book and Magazine Freebies
Book Tours
Charities
Christmas
Clothing
Cool Tips
Coupon Matchups
Coupons
Disney Movie Rewards
Entertainment
Food Sample
For Kids
For Parents
For Students
For Teachers
Free eBooks
Freebie
Giveaways
Great Deals
Guest Posts
Halloween
Health and Beauty Sample
Holiday Gift Guide
Home and Garden
Household Samples
Kelli's Ramblings and Prayers
Local Happenings
Magazine Deals
Make Money
Military
Miscellaneous
Office and Stationery Samples
Pampers Points
Pet Samples
Quote of the Day
Rebates
Recipes
Religious
Restaurants
Retail
Review
Surveys
Sweepstakes
Thrifty Tips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment