Friday, December 2, 2011

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Tough Times Review

The holiday are a difficult time for some families.  Some are dealing with loss, health problems, financial problems, etc.  I know this year like the last couple of years many don't have jobs and don't know how to get through the day much less the holidays.

Well, if you are looking for some inspiration to help you get through difficult times, you need to check out Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Tough Times 101 Daily Devotions to Inspire and Support You in Times of Need by Susan M. Heim and Karen C. Talcott, Foreword by Mary Beth Chapman.

Yes, I know it is a long name but it is a great book.  Of course, I got this book at the perfect time.  My job is this blog (and believe me I don't make much money this way) and my health has been pretty crappy.  I do have wonderful friends and family but life has still been difficult.  It takes everything I have to get through the day sometimes.

This book has been a tremendous help.  I've always tried to have faith but I have struggled at times.  I haven't read each and every story but God has definitely pointed me in the right direction on picking the right story/devotion.  They have given me hope, and brought a smile to my face.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Tough Times 101 Daily Devotions to Inspire and Support You in Times of Need is the perfect gift for anyone that is going through a difficult period in their life.  I strongly recommend this book.  It will inspire and give hope to all.

You can purchase this book online or at your favorite book store.  You can also find it at your local library, probably.  Who knows, you might even win a copy.  Check out my giveaway later on today.

Image Credit:  Amazon

This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment