Labels
Arts and Craft
Automotive
Baby Samples
Birthday Goodies
Blog Hops
Blogger Events
Book and Magazine Freebies
Book Tours
Charities
Christmas
Clothing
Cool Tips
Coupon Matchups
Coupons
Disney Movie Rewards
Entertainment
Food Sample
For Kids
For Parents
For Students
For Teachers
Free eBooks
Freebie
Giveaways
Great Deals
Guest Posts
Halloween
Health and Beauty Sample
Holiday Gift Guide
Home and Garden
Household Samples
Kelli's Ramblings and Prayers
Local Happenings
Magazine Deals
Make Money
Military
Miscellaneous
Office and Stationery Samples
Pampers Points
Pet Samples
Quote of the Day
Rebates
Recipes
Religious
Restaurants
Retail
Review
Surveys
Sweepstakes
Thrifty Tips
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Bacon Skillet Jam
I know you are probably saying to yourself, "What are you talking about? That doesn't even sound good." Skillet Bacon Jam is not a typical jelly or jam. I have to say that at first, I was pretty skeptical.
When I first got it, it took me awhile to try it. It doesn't look very good. I had to force myself. I can be kind of squeamish. My husband and I finally tried it in mashed potatoes. It really was pretty good. It has a little bit of a sweet taste, not a sugary taste. It has a sweet onion taste mixed in with bacon. If I had only smelled it and then tasted it without looking at it, I would have been in love at first taste.
Skillet Bacon Jam is made with niman ranch bacon, onions, balsamic, and other spices. It is made in the US in Seattle. It goes good with anything that you might normally but bacon on: baked potato, potato salad, burger, BLT sandwich, etc. You can use it as a spread or to cook with.
I am actually going to use the rest of it this week with some chicken. I am going to sear some boneless, skinless chicken strips in a pan with the Skillet Bacon Jam. I think it will be great. It will give my chicken a smoky, bacon taste. I will then put the chicken strips on a tortilla with lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Sounds yummy, yummy. I might actually have to fix it tonight.
I would definitely try this if you get the chance. For more information check out their website, www.skilletbaconjam.com or you can email them at eat@skilltstreetfood.com.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
This post may contain affiliate links. You may check my disclosure page for more information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment