Reggie Dabbs was born to a mother that sold herself to feed her other children. His mother gave him up for adoption. He was adopted by wonderful parents but he struggle as he grows up with the knowledge of where he came from.
Reggie takes us on his journey to redemption. He shows how faith can change a person forever. Chapter by chapter he takes us step by step through his life giving us the tools and faith we need to overcome hardship to excel.
I love the quote on the back of the book:
I don't have to know your name to know your pain...
I have my own.
I don't have to see your home to know your shame...
I have my own.
But someone loved me just the way I am,
and someone loves you just the way you are.
This quote says it all. We all have pain and shame. It may not be the same pain and shame but it's still pain and shame. Reggie gives us the steps we need to overcome this pain and shame. He has filled the book with his personal story and anecdotes, Biblical references, and the steps we need to succeed.
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment