Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Frito Lay - Yummy

Our family loves Frito-Lay chips.  They are yummy, yummy.  We always have some at the house.  My daughter has to have them for her lunch.  At least, she thinks she has to have them for her lunch.  Usually, the kids eat chips and salsa for a snack when they get home.

Recently, I received a fan pack from Frito-Lay.  It was filled with all kinds of chips and goodies.  I got a bag of Tostitos, Fritos, and Sun Chips.  Also, I got a bag clip, reusable shopping bag and an eco-friendly water bottle.  Of course, as soon as my daughter saw everything, she tried to claim everything for herself.  I haven't seen the water bottle since I opened the box.

Frito-Lay has a wide variety of chips.  They are not just Fritos.  They are the makers of Lays, Tostitos, Doritos, Ruffles, Cheetos, Rold Gold, and Sun Chips to name a few.  Then, of course, they make dips to go along with their chips.

Did you know that Frito-Lay is trying to make a difference in the world around them?  They use solar power at some of their manufacturing plants.  They have added fuel efficient vehicles to their fleet.  For their sales vehicles, they are using 650 hybrid vehicles.  In addition, Frito-Lay is trying to reduce waste to landfills.  They reuse shipping cartons several times.  Once the cartons can not be reused anymore, the cartons are recycled.

Frito-Lay uses fresh, farm-grown ingredients.  Most of their chips are made with 3 main ingredients - potatoes or corn, all-natural oils, and salt.  Their chips have 0 grams of trans fat because they use all-natural oils like corn oil and sunflower oil.  Frito-Lay buys potatoes from American farmers from 80+ farms across 27 states.

So, if you are looking for a great chip, I recommend getting Frito-Lay products.  They are delicious and made with all natural products.  Frito-Lay supports American farmers.  In addition, they are trying to reduce their carbon footprint.  This means a lot to me.  I try to buy American made products from responsible companies.  So, go get some Frito-Lay chips.  Your kids will love you for it.

Disclosure - The product(s) featured were provided to me free of cost by the manufacturing or representing PR agency.  The views I expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by the free items or monetary compensation I received.

No comments:

Post a Comment